HOW CANCER REHABILITATION THERAPY HELPS:
Navigating cancer treatment can feel scary and confusing. We understand this and will help you take care of yourself through the process.
Just as a course of rehabilitation typically follows an injury, joint replacement, an accident or disease process, rehabilitation is often required (and a welcome relief) in conjunction with treatment for cancer.
95% of those who survive a cancer diagnosis and treatment will have at least one residual effect. An individualized rehabilitation plan helps survivors adjust to a new sense of normal and return to a desired quality of life.
CANCER REHABILITATION CAN ADDRESS A VARIETY OF PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL ISSUES INCLUDING:
- identifying the effects of chemotherapy
- scar management
- maintenance of motion due to surgical or radiation scarring
- myofascial release
- kinesio taping
- psychosocial needs
- axillary web syndrome
- pain management
- fatigue management
- energy conservation
- aerobic conditioning
- neuropathy/sensation assessment
- compression garment education and fitting
- family and caregiver education
- dietary education
- restorative yoga and meditation
- individualized exercise program based on surgical intervention
- work re-entry
At Coddington Physical Therapy, our talented and certified team is dedicated to eliminating and lessening many of the lasting effects of cancer.
We provide an unparalleled and personalized level of care. Because you deserve it.